(1) Carbon steel can be divided into carbon structural steel, carbon tool steel and free cutting structural steel, carbon structural steel is divided into engineering construction steel and machine manufacturing structural steel two kinds;
(2) according to the smelting method can be divided into open hearth steel, converter steel;
(3) According to deoxygenation method can be divided into boiling steel (F), sedation steel (Z), semi-sedation steel (B) and special sedation steel (TZ);
(4) according to the carbon content can be divided into low carbon steel (WC ≤ 0.25%), medium carbon steel (WC0.25%-0.6%) and high carbon steel (WC> 0.6%).
(5) According to the quality of steel, carbon steel can be divided into ordinary carbon steel (higher phosphorus and sulfur), high quality carbon steel (lower phosphorus and sulfur) and high quality steel (lower phosphorus and sulfur) and super high quality steel.